Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Need help on buying table lamp for children
Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:34 am by joelsts

» Should i take up the bond with Core Concept?
Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:06 pm by Mr Jack

» Physios to get prescription powers in England
Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:06 pm by Mr Jack

» A useful site for Singaporeans to access to healthcare information
Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 am by Mr Jack

» A practical ‘Teach-Back’ workshop by HPB
Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:24 am by Mr Jack

» Home tuition for primary school
Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:28 am by Mr Jack

» Knee injury therapy
Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:19 am by Mr Jack

» Therapy Assistant Training Assignment 07-24 August 2012
Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:40 am by Mr Jack

» Profile pic
Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:44 am by Mr Jack

» SuperBetter App to improve health and wellness
Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:38 am by Mr Jack

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 14 on Mon May 29, 2017 6:33 am

Should Dry Needling Technique(DNT) stand a place in Singapore?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should Dry Needling Technique(DNT) stand a place in Singapore?

Post by leechongyew on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:17 pm

The practice of DNT in healthcare has been a hot topic in many countries, estimating 10-15% of PT in Australia/UK are using this similar to acupuncture technique to treat their Musculoskeletal related patients! My understanding of Singapore situation is, SPA is stand neutral in this issue bcos MOH has disagreed to allow PT to use it as one of their modalities to treat their patient! The main reason for it is bcos Traditional Chinese Medicine/Acupuncture has gotten their status by law since year 2000! This DNT is quite similar to acpuncture except it is using myofascial trigger point, more emphasis on anatomy palpation rather than like traditional acupuncture uses their own diagnosis, meridian system and integrated herbal treatment!

From my understanding, MOH is concerning the complaint by TCM board that PT uses needling technique, threathening their rice bowl and acupuncture is a license practice in singapore; anyone who practise acupuncture must obtain a license from TCM board, any violation to this act will get serious penalty from the authority!

As one of the pioneer Physiotherapist who integrating PT and acupuncture in practice. I am very supporting PT to use DNT in their practice but it must be closely monitor by SPA or ministry! I hope SPA should move one step ahead to promote DNT for the sake of patient benefit and its effectiveness! Among the Asean countries, The Malaysian Physiotherapy Association has given a strong support in this issue, they has organised a certification workshop for thier members this year and few government hospitals are to allow practise DNT in their rehab department!

I welcome any comments or debate on this issue! Pls comment my statement!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
<br>

leechongyew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should Dry Needling Technique(DNT) stand a place in Singapore?

Post by Mr Jack on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:37 pm

I've worked with Malaysian Physiotherapy Association and they have good standing with the Malaysian Ministry of Health. Generally i think they have more say in their ministry than our Singapore Physiotherapy Association in Singapore Ministry of Health.

It's quite sad to see how slow our profession is moving compared to our neighbouring countries..

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Disclaimer: If you have any question about your condition or treatment please consult your doctor or relevant healthcare professional. I am offering a personal opinion and not meant to diagnose medical conditions, offer medical advice, or endorse specific products or services.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mr Jack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top